Monday, January 23, 2012

Quick update and Surprise! I've blogged.

Kara and Matthew have asthma and both have lingering colds. So, we are spending A LOT of time at home . Two sick kids will make me get very creative in how I pass the time. We've all got a little cabin fever down here being stuck at home so much. Then I had the brilliant idea to post to our blog!

Btw, I realized one of the reasons I don't blog is that I'm a little weirded out putting our life experiences out there for the world to read. I know, I know, who in their right mind would want to read about our boring life. I would feel more comfortable putting my thoughts out there privately. So, as soon as I can convince Andrew that our friends would still go to our ancient blog that we never update, we will be going private. I may have to actually blog a few posts to get people back into reading it before that happens. We'll see.

Update:

Andrew is half-way through fellowship and looking for jobs. We have had some serious discussions with different groups but none of them have panned out.

I am finally taking my national certification test this April and attempting to buckle down and study. (Which is what I should be doing right now)

Kara is putting letters together to make words and it makes my heart just melt. I actually cried when she read He Has...

Matthew is into Cars 2 and all the other cars, trucks, trains, etc.

I am trying to avoid all the old ladies in the grocery store who give me the "Carpe Diem" speech. If you haven't read "Don't Carpe Diem me" then you should. Very validating for how hard mothering is. Though I wish she put more in about on the good times. Her Kairos vs. Chronos has come to mind numerous times as I'm wiping noses for the 52nd time today then again when Kara asks for just one more story.




First Book!
(I have a hunch it was a fluke. She's good but not that good.)


No, this is not an annoucement. I've just been making a lot of these lately.


Occasionally, they do share.


Watching Cars 2 in 3D.


Yea! Daddy is home!

Watch for more updates. Y'all come back now.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Yea! I'm the first comment! If it helps - I haven't updated in a year...I keep meaning to, but so far it hasn't helped. So glad to see the updates on your sweet family!

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

I'll comment!! We check--and go private, we'll still check! Guess Portland is not the place, seeing how you said nothing panned out yet. Are you starting to worry yet? I would be! Love you house pins on Pinterest--SO happy for you to be thinking that direction! Yeah!! Everybody is so cute...! Love your guts!

Unknown said...

I'm always bad at commenting on things, so I'll "like" this. :)

Nola said...

Thanks for updates; we love all of you! I miss those little munchkins; they were so much fun! Let's see, are you going on a cruise again soon? ;)

Nola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

Wow, your kids are getting so big! I hardly recognized Kara. Good luck with the job hunt -- It's always a little stressful to have thing up in the air. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end and you'll end up loving it!