Friday, March 19, 2010

Kara



Our sweet Kara is gaining a brother. I've been wanting her near me as much as possible because I admit, I am selfish. I know that my time will be stretched between two kids and I want to give her as much attention now while I can. Within reason.

So here's my baby girl. She's getting so big. Her language comprehension and vocabulary is EXPLODING! She says a new word every day. Her words are in quotes. Yesterday, it was chocolate. Seems pretty normal, except I don't really give her chocolate. I just give it to myself ;) Her Dad, now he's another story. All she has to say is "Peasssss" and she gets what she wants. Including any "cookie" that she wants. She learned that word when I was gone on a girls weekend. It's not so bad since even Frosted Mini Wheats and graham crackers are cookies.



She loves her Beast, and chases him around. If she chances to catch him (with a little help from me) this is what she does...

Imagine her saying "Ahhh, soft" while wrapping her arms around his middle. He's extremely gentle with her but doesn't let her "snuggle" him very often. A while back, we thought we were going to have to put him to sleep. He was pretty sick but he's doing much better now. We're glad to have our Beastie.

Kara loves to snuggle with any"banket" (translation blanket) she can find. She doesn't want to get out of bed without one. She was recently at a friends house while I went to the Dr. The friend was curled up on the couch with a blanket. Kara walked up to her and gave her those I want something eyes. My friend asked Kara if she wanted up and of course Kara replied "yessss." That's another new word. So they snuggled on the couch.



We read story after story. She goes through multiple favorites sometimes it changes daily. Other times, we read the same story 10 times in a row.

She looks like a picture of her Dad here.





Our sweet Kara.

5 comments:

Mike & Alicia Sly said...

I love you guys!! Post more pictures of my niece!!! She is so dang cute!

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

I love it!! I can't believe how big she is! I'm thinking about you more and more these day--we went to the temple and I put you and the new dude in the name box. Good luck with the last 2 weeks (or perhaps 3, if he's anything like his sister!)

Emily said...

Awww....she's just adorable. I can't believe how much she's grown up just in the short time we've been gone!
Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy. I'm excited for you!

Emily Holden said...

She is getting so big! What a darling little girl! Hope all goes well with the last few weeks before your new one arrives!

Afton said...

Holy cow, she is one seriously cute girl. Darling darling girl!