Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kara's Birth






We came in Sunday night for Elena to be induced. We got here at about 9:30 pm. Just as they were about to give her the first medicine at 11:00, her water broke. They can't give the first medicine if your water has broken. So Elena happened to go into labor on the day she was scheduled to be induced. Elena was a real trooper, and wanted to go as long as possible without an epidural. She ended up with the epidural at about 4 o'clock in the morning when she was dilated to a 7. We then took a nap and woke up in the morning when her doctor came. He checked her and said, "Wow, she's at +2, and your fully dilated. Are you ready to start pushing?" We got ourselves gathered together (this is when I almost started to cry (TOJ, tears of joy) realizing that this was all about to happen. Elena was a GREAT pusher, probably from all of her working out. She says it's 'cause of her abs. 6 pushes and we had our little sweetheart. Here are more pictures, I'll try to put some videos up soon as well.

6 comments:

Erin said...

What a beauty! Good job Elena and Andrew! We're so happy for ya.

Heather said...

Congrats! What a beautiful baby! I hope all is well! We are so happy for you! Nate says Hi Andrew!

Keep in touch..

David G said...

a note from my dad...

"Hey!! I was on the internet at your blog and saw that Baugh's had one linked to you and I was going to say hello. I was surprised to see they had a baby on Monday. I don't have the domain or the knowledge to post. So please tell them congratulations from Mom & me. It is a wonderful blessing for them and we wish them the best. Please send them our love and blessings.

Love, Dad"

Marly said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family. She's so cute.
Andrew, I love how you divided up the blogs. The village people :)

Kristine said...

Oh Elena I am so excited for you guys. This is Kristine Hall!! Congratulations she is amazing:) I got your blog address from Gordon, I am keeping an eye on him for ya!

scottandangelle@gmail.com said...

She is beautiful! We are thrilled for you!!! What a miracle she is...
Love, the Andersons of Bluffdale