Sunday, April 29, 2007

PS2 Sadness


We've been arranging boxes since we've moved into our apartment in January. We've moved them to room to room, gone through and gotten rid of boxes, raised our bed with bed raisers from Home Depot, and stored boxes in our closets.

We finally have enough room in the extra bedroom (our TV room) that we can use Maya, the virtual personal trainer for PS2 in the game Yourself!Fitness. Well, I went to do a workout and I had the dreaded disc read error. It's been showing up more frequently lately.

Try as I might, I couldn't get the disc to work, so I turned to google for a little tune-up advice. I'd opened the PS2 up before to fix it, with positive results, so I wasn't that worried.

I found the site I used before, and couldn't get it to work. Then I saw that there was reference to a cable that needed to be disconnected for it to work on my machine. Well I disconnected a cable, no luck. After much trial, right now, my PS2 will not even power up.

Needless to say, I'm rather discouraged.

2 comments:

Matt Clayton said...

Sorry to hear about your PS2. Want to buy ours for like $100? We only ever use it as a DVD player.

Andrew said...

Thanks for the offer, but we've replaced it with a shiny new silver one now.